Sunday, May 24, 2009

My how life changes

When I moved to OH in 2003 I was wearing a size 10 -- working out every day and feeling good about life.

I moved because I was promoted. For the first 14 months I was there alone - my husband stayed behind so our daughter could graduate from the same school district she had always attended. He joined me when she graduated and went to college.

I gained 75 lbs in the five years we lived there - I was miserable, unhappy, unhealthy and a slug

I lost my job in Dec of 2007 - I started a nationwide search and started a new job in WI in late Jan 2008.

I've since lost 55lbs -- I am healthy, energetic, happy; life is so different.

Wake 5am
Go go the gym and workout
shower (sinus rinse, shave, wash)
kiss of sun on the legs
put the hair in velcro rollers
makeup
dress
blow dry the rollers for 5 minutes
run my fingers through the hair
add hair balm
jewlery

off to work - I am an HR Director so I face all kinds of adventures. I work for a great company that values associates and is the first true work/life balance I've every experienced.

Home a little after 5pm
take the makeup off
pull the hair back
hoop or do weights or yoga
dinner

and that's a day in my life

I am a Rotarian
I cook for The Ronald McDonald House twice a month
I am a Big Sister
I fund raise for CMN and United Way

No comments: